Celebrate the 4th of July at Home!
Fun 4th of July Activities for the Whole Family
This 4th of July, the fireworks may be virtual but the fun is real! The Florida Panthers, BB&T Center, and the City of Sunrise are excited to share our July 4th 'Stay Home & Celebrate' Activities! From delicious recipes, like your favorite Loaded Nacho Tots, to kids crafts, and the best patriotic tunes – we've got your 4th of July plans covered!
Panthers Patriotic Punch
Just like your Florida Panthers, this frosty drink packs a punch! Show your family you're the coolest Cat with our Patriotic Punch!
- Fruit Punch
- Blue Powerade
- *Vodka (optional)
- Fill your glass or pitcher to the top with ice.
- First, pour in your Fruit Punch juice. Tip the glass to the side and slowly pour in your first layer until your glass is 1/3 full.
- Next, gently pour in your Blue Powerade. Be sure to pour very slowly, directly on top of the ice, or over the back of a spoon to avoid mixing the juices. Fill to 2/3 full.
- Then, gently add your Sprite and optional vodka.
- Serve and cheers!
BB&T Center Sunrise
This sweet and refreshing, Instagram-worthy summer drink is perfect for a 4th of July backyard cookout!
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 Oz Grenadine Syrup
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Orange wheel, for garnish
- *Tequila (optional)
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in the optional tequila and orange juice.
- Then, slowly pour the grenadine into the glass over the back of a spoon, allow it to settle at the bottom.
- Garnish your BB&T Center Sunrise with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
Fully Loaded Nacho Tots
A fan favorite! You're gonna like these a tot! Just grab your favorite brand of frozen tots to whip up our Fully Loaded 4th of July Nacho Tots in a flash!
- 1 Bag of Frozen Tater Tots
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can of Chili Beans
- 1/3 Cup Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Jalapeño Slices
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place Tater Tots in a single layer and bake 20 minutes turning after 10 minutes.
- Top with chili beans and cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with salsa and a drizzle of sour cream. Add jalapeños for an added kick!
- Serve immediately while hot and enjoy!
Your 4th of July Playlist
Crank up the music poolside with our BB&T Center Playlist featuring national acts from our past July 4th celebrations & concerts.
Check out our 2020 virtual fireworks display video here:
Due to COVID-19 and recommendations against large gatherings, the City of Sunrise and the BB&T Center have made the difficult decision to cancel our July 4th event at the arena this year. We hope you enjoy the holiday and our virtual fireworks safely at home with family members.
Crafts for the Kids
Celebrate the Red, White and Blue with this trio of kid-friendly crafts:
- Confetti Launchers to enjoy the 4th with a bang!
- Get artsy with messy fun Shaving Cream Fireworks!
- 4th of July rocks with Patriotic Painted Rocks!
Click here for more Stay and Play activities from The City of Sunrise.
Shop Pantherland Online
Stock up on your Florida Panthers 4th of July merch – before it's gone! Click here to browse our Pantherland Collections and order online.
Show Us How You Celebrate the 4th
Share your 4th of July at home photos with us at @thebbtcenter, @flapanthers, & @thecityofsunrise!