Florida Panthers Clinch Berth in 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Panthers return to postseason for second consecutive year, seventh time in franchise history
SUNRISE, Fla. – With a 7-4 win against the Nashville Predators tonight at Bridgestone Arena, the Florida Panthers have officially clinched a berth in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
In the victory, the Panthers tied a franchise record for shots in a single game (55) and had four players record multi-point performances: Jonathan Huberdeau (2-3-5), Aleksander Barkov (2-1-3), Sam Bennett (0-3-3) and Owen Tippett (1-1-2). Florida scored three times on the power play.
Florida’s playoff berth will be the club’s second consecutive postseason appearance and the seventh postseason appearance in franchise history. Florida’s 2021 playoff berth marks the first time the club has clinched a playoff berth during the regular season since the 2015-16 season.
Florida Panthers 2020-21 Season Accomplishments:
- Eight-game point streak (6-0-2) to start the season, second-longest streak in franchise history.
- Last team in the NHL in lose a game in regulation.
- Owned a 6-0-1 record over first seven road games.
- Tied franchise record for points over first 20 games of the season (13-4-3, 29 points).
- Captain Aleksander Barkov named Central Division Player of the Month for March (5-11-16 in 11 games).
- Forward Jonathan Huberdeau named NHL Third Star of the Week for week ending April 25 (1-6-7 in four games).
- Posted a season-high six-game winning streak, March 27 – April 4.
- Posted a season-high seven-game home winning streak March 20 – April 20.
- First team in the league to have seven players score at least 10 goals (Aleksander Barkov, Aaron Ekblad, Patric Hornqvist, Jonathan Huberdeau, Frank Vatrano, Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Wennberg).
- First team in the Central Division to have two players record at least 50 points (Aleksander Barkov, Jonathan Huberdeau).
Book a private tour of BB&T Center and learn how you can join Panthers Territory today! Click here or call 954-835-PUCK for more information.