Truffle Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese - Recipe from BB&T Center Kitchen
Make a Florida Panthers healthy team meal with your family!
Make a Florida Panthers healthy team meal with your family this weekend! Try our #TrulyDelicious recipes each week presented by Truly Hard Seltzer. Then, post a photo of how it turned out and tag us @TheBBTCenter & @FlaPanthers.
This week, we're cooking Truffle Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. Check out the recipe below:
Set for a serving for 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 16 ounce package dried cavatappi or corkscrew-shape pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 8 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded*
- (2 cups) 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded*
- (1 cup) 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded* (1 cup)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- Snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. Coat a 2 1/2- to 3-quart broiler-safe au gratin or baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to the warm pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in flour, kosher salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and whisk for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add Gouda cheese, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, whisking until cheeses are melted and sauce is smooth. Add the cheese sauce to cooked pasta; stir to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the 1 teaspoon butter. Stir in panko and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle panko mixture over pasta mixture. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until top is browned. If desired, garnish with parsley. Drizzle crumb topping with 1 to 2 tablespoons truffle oil before broiling
Enjoy! Don't forget to share your creations with us on social at @TheBBTCenter and @FlaPanthers, hashtag #TRULYDelicious!