Buttermilk Fried Chicken - Recipe from BB&T Center Kitchen
Make a Florida Panthers healthy team meal with your family!
Make a Florida Panthers healthy team meal with your family this weekend! Try our #TrulyDelicious recipes each week presented by Truly Hard Seltzer. Then, post a photo of how it turned out and tag us @TheBBTCenter & @FlaPanthers.
This week, we're cooking Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Check out the recipe below:
Set for a serving for 4
- 1 (3 1/2 Pound) Chicken, Cut Into 8 Pieces
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- 1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Toss the chicken, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate, 1 hour.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360.
- Mix the flour, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Remove the dark meat from the buttermilk, shake off the excess and roll in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour, place in the hot oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes (adjust the heat as needed). Drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the oil to 360 degrees F. Repeat with the chicken breasts and wings, frying for about 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Enjoy! Don't forget to share your creations with us on social at @TheBBTCenter and @FlaPanthers, hashtag #TRULYDelicious!